Effective date: 1st March 2021
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Funancial Training is a company limited by guarantee. We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA870450 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Jackie Stewart. Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to [email protected]
How We collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you to identify you as a client of Funancial Training and Consultancy, in order to provide our services to you. We collect:
- Credit card or other payment details
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested.
- to analyse the information, we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes, consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
All information is saved on 3rd party platforms, whose privacy notice is on their website. We receive your information by email or 3rd party platform, which is entered onto a laptop that is password protected.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
- If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at [email protected]
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing me us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.